Page 271 of 283 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 2826
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

I may have asked before, but is there anyway to have the "Newsletter Subscribe" checkbox displayed on the CHECKOUT page the same way that it's displayed on the Create Account page?

My reasoning is that far more orders are placed than accounts are created (especially with OPC Guest Checkout)......and I want to maximize the amount of exposure people have to getting on our mailing list.

(A competitor of mine does this and it's greatly built up their mailing list, because by default, they have their newsletter checkbox display as part of the order process).

Basically, I would just like to output the same block of code as the Create Account page for displaying the checkbox, and then recording that information into the customers_newsletter field of the Customer table.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mash View Post
    I may have asked before, but is there anyway to have the "Newsletter Subscribe" checkbox displayed on the CHECKOUT page the same way that it's displayed on the Create Account page?

My reasoning is that far more orders are placed than accounts are created (especially with OPC Guest Checkout)......and I want to maximize the amount of exposure people have to getting on our mailing list.

(A competitor of mine does this and it's greatly built up their mailing list, because by default, they have their newsletter checkbox display as part of the order process).

Basically, I would just like to output the same block of code as the Create Account page for displaying the checkbox, and then recording that information into the customers_newsletter field of the Customer table.
    Change request created on OPC's GitHub: https://github.com/lat9/one_page_checkout/issues/388

Plugin Contributions

ZC 1.5.8a
    OPC 2.4.6

This is more of an FYI than anything but with account creation set as Full Account I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of fake accounts set up over the past few years. Having recently started using the Registered Account feature I am now (from the day of implementation) regularly getting an average of one per day. Coincidence or is it the reduced number of fields needing to be filled - perhaps it is the lack of a country drop-down that makes it easier for the spammers.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    ZC 1.5.8a
    OPC 2.4.6

This is more of an FYI than anything but with account creation set as Full Account I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of fake accounts set up over the past few years. Having recently started using the Registered Account feature I am now (from the day of implementation) regularly getting an average of one per day. Coincidence or is it the reduced number of fields needing to be filled - perhaps it is the lack of a country drop-down that makes it easier for the spammers.
    Understood; that's why I recommend the use of a Captcha element on the create-account page (I use my Access Blocker).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Understood; that's why I recommend the use of a Captcha element on the create-account page (I use my Access Blocker).
    Thank you, I will install that. On a non-related OPC matter, I have noticed that a Registered Customer's registration_ip is not recorded (and therefore not displayed in Admin > Customers) whereas a Full Customer's ip is. Can I just check if that's to be expected?
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

That value should be recorded (to mimic the full-up account-creation), but it's not currently. See this OPC GitHub issue for tracking: https://github.com/lat9/one_page_checkout/issues/389

Plugin Contributions

I'm testing the Braintree payment module in the sandbox and all works fine with OPC disabled. With OPC enabled and the same card details that work with it disabled, I click "Confirm Order" and OPC simply refreshes without displaying any error message. No payment shows in Braintree and no order is created. I have the OPC debug log but I can't see anything in it to say what is going wrong. Any pointers to where to look would be appreciated.

OPC 2.4.6
    Braintree 1.4.5
    Zen Cart 1.58a
    PHP 7.4

I'm assuming that since Braintree doesn't install any files into /includes/modules/pages/checkout_payment, I don't need to copy anything into /includes/modules/pages/checkout_one during installation.

Plugin Contributions

I'm unfamiliar with the Braintree payment module, perhaps it needs addition to the "Payment Modules requiring Confirmation" OPC setting?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. I just added it to the "Payment Modules requiring Confirmation" OPC setting but I see the same result. I think what I need to know is where I should look in the OPC debug file to figure out why it failed to complete the order.

Plugin Contributions

@BillJ, PM sent.