Plugin Contributions

Default Rule to Block Safari Reader from Working in ZC Site?

Just noticed that on the new ZC 2.0 site, Safari Reader was turned on (by me) when initially being locked out of the admin.

Now, when you click to view a product, you see the standard Normal Store product page (config>MyStore>Store Status=0), then the product page morphs into a text box of only the description. No product photo. With Safari Reader off, it’s the normal intended product page.

Any way to auto block the Safari > Settings for ZC site so that reader wont deploy?

Another anomaly is that the exported db to new 2.0 site is still connected to the old site’s db. Practical for the transition. Old site does not have the Safari Reader issue.

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers!
    v2.0+

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Rule to Block Safari Reader from Working in ZC Site?

Quote Originally Posted by Webskipper View Post
    Just noticed that on the new ZC 2.0 site, Safari Reader was turned on (by me) when initially being locked out of the admin.

Now, when you click to view a product, you see the standard Normal Store product page (config>MyStore>Store Status=0), then the product page morphs into a text box of only the description. No product photo. With Safari Reader off, it’s the normal intended product page.

Any way to auto block the Safari > Settings for ZC site so that reader wont deploy?
    The sites are on different domains?

Quote Originally Posted by Webskipper View Post

Another anomaly is that the exported db to new 2.0 site is still connected to the old site’s db. Practical for the transition. Old site does not have the Safari Reader issue.
    This is a you issue =) Check your configure.php files (https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/runni...igurephp-files)

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Rule to Block Safari Reader from Working in ZC Site?

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    The sites are on different domains?

This is a you issue =) Check your configure.php files (https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/runni...igurephp-files)

~Melanie
    Already did that. All four are correct and do not share DB or domains, etc. Used BBEdit to find differences, too.

Yesterday I had both admin windows and store windows open and couldn’t seem to duplicate the concern.

All that was done in the past few days was remove every linked banner that had the old domain. Nothing to do with connecting products between the two sites I know. Nothing found via developer tools. No mention of the old domain in any file. Perhaps merely uploading and running the zc-install disconnected something although no button was chosen other than refresh.

So, thank you DBLtoe and Mprough
    Cheers!
    v2.0+